Thursday, June 16, 2011

I Work Hard For My Money!

So today I started my first day of work. Ok so maybe not work work but I went through Orientation which was both boring and amazingly fun at the same time.

It started off as completely boring because I came in to this little room where 7 other people were sitting, in silence.....awkwardly. So me not liking any awkwardness and hating silence, decided that it was my responsibility to talk and start conversations and convince all those lovely people that silence is not golden and is in fact the enemy!

Unfortunately this started a little slow. I attempted to get people talking about their mornings and how much it sucked to wake up early during the summer, this topic kinda flopped as people pretty much just stared at me not really offering up their own information on the topic or any topic.

Then orientation actually started  and the woman leading it actually seemed to have sense of humor! So while she taught us about our job i occasionally provided a witty comment, just to keep it interesting. Apparently this conversation sparked an interest in some of the other people present because they actually began to speak.

One girl, A, I even became pretty decent friends with cause she had the greatest sarcasm ever! She would say these things but in such a sweet, innocent and sing-songy voice that at first I couldn't tell that she was being sarcastic. Once I figured it out me and her instantly bonded and started a great conversation, made even greater by the fact that hardly anyone understood that we were being sarcastic and making fun of them.

Needless to say upon discovery of a fellow sarcastic soul the day went by much quicker, and even though we had to do a lot of really boring things it was made better once everyone started talking and joking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment