Friday, June 3, 2011

Breaking the Monotony....FINALLY!!!

So today was quite an exciting day. It started at 8 am when I was awoken to several older gentlemen knocking on my bedroom door because they were there to replace the linoleum in my apartment with hard wood. Now apparently this had to begin at 8 am while I was sleeping. So after being rudely woken up I jumped in the shower and then headed out to keep myself occupied while they worked.

I planned on running some errands which I assumed would take up most of my day, but the one time where I wouldn't mind sitting around and waiting everything went so quickly so after 1 measly hour I was without anything to do. Bored I decided to just go shopping. I started at Micheals and Hobby Lobby and moved over to the mall where I found the first season of Trueblood for only $20! I was so pumped that I immediately bought it. I stopped in at a couple of other stores but didn't find anything worth buying so I proceeded to come back to my apartment where I planned on picking up a book, going to Starbucks ordering a big iced coffee and enjoying the next couple of hours.

I arrive at my apartment and the men are on there lunch break. One nice older gentleman opens the door for me and proceeds to tell me that he is so sorry that they had to move things around and if anything is in my way to just tell him and he would happily move it for me. I informed him that I was simply picking stuff up and would soon be out of their way.

While in my apartment I received a text from a friend who recently purchased a motorcycle asking if I would like to go for a ride with him. Not wanting to pass up the chance to actually do something I quickly agreed and began to pack a bag with jeans, a jacket and other things I would need.

Apparently while I was back in my room several of the younger workers forgot that I was right in the back room and that the front door was open because they began to speak about what a nice butt I had as well as other graphic ways to describe how they would like to have sex with me and other such guy talk that although flattering that they think I looked good in a t-shirt and soffee shorts, I really could have gone my whole life without hearing that level of guy talk. This went on for several minutes with me sitting there wondering if its more awkward that I was just sitting there listening or if I should just walk out and hope they stop. Thankfully I was saved from this awkward decision by the same older gentleman who originally helped me pointing out that although they are probably enjoying their conversation they should probably remember that the door is open and that I can most likely hear everything that they are saying. Needless to say they shut up very quickly, and as I walked out none of them would even make eye contact with me!

So I leave and go to my friends house where I go on an amazing ride! Although it was very muggy and with me wearing jeans and a leather jacket I was dying whenever we weren't moving, it was an absolutely amazing time! At one point he got up to 120 miles per hour. Thankfully I did not know this at the time, because sitting behind him I could not see the speedometer and he waited till the end of the ride to tell me. But needless to say I can't wait to go on another ride. Just feeling the wind and knowing that it was dangerous was such a rush that I would like to repeat again.

No comments:

Post a Comment