Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Plot Thickens!

So lately I've been really rocky with this guy. And well it go way worse tonight, worse to the point where I'm ready to say my goodbyes and chalk this up to a failed relationship that was never meant to be. Then to only prove my point that perhaps something should be done, something amazing happens......I get asked out on a date! Here's the scoop.

I have this friend, who I will call the Devil (cause that's what I jokingly call him anyways), but my friend is this guy who I met in August as strictly friends and we started talking cause we realized we are both brutally honest and sarcastic so our conversations are pretty interesting. But anyways I've told him absolutely everything about my awful not really relationship and he's given me advice that ranges from your over reacting you crazy girl to why are you letting this guy mess with your head and your emotions? And so I began to truely question why? Am I really that desperate for someone to be with me that I take the first person who comes along, even if he obviously isn't right for me?

Well we are having this conversation. I'm poring out my heart to him about my problems with this guy and how I just want a guy to see me and want to be with me. Not for a night, not for a little bit but seriously with me, like boyfriend-girlfriend, I love you with me. And he tells me that he doesn't believe that a "pretty girl" like me can't find whatever I'm looking for. So I say I have no problem finding a guy to hook up with but finding someone who wants more is tough. His reply: "well you'll have to forgive my vulgar comments earlier but I'm in a stage in my life that if I find the right match then hookups aren't all I'm after so like I said most and not all' Then he goes on to say that he will help me in whatever way I need to get over the guy. When I tell him I'm sorry but I'm not having sex with him, he says that he doesn't want to just have sex with me. He see's that I'm not in that great of shape mentally and doesn't want to take advantage of me. He said he would be perfectly happy just sleeping with me and cuddling and wouldn't push for anything more unless I wanted it.

Now I realize this is the exact way a boy can play you. Pretend to be the sweetheart to get you into bed for "just cuddling" only to pull some move on you and push for more. However, at the same time I have seen the good in the Devil and feel that he deserves a very tentative shot. So although I'm not sure if I'm ready to leave the guy I have decided that my options are staying open. I'm going to take this chance. My new years resolution of no sex will still absolutely stand, however I won't be against hanging out and seeing where things with the Devil goes.

Although if it goes somewhere I guess that means I will have to call him something besides the Devil. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment