Sunday, January 2, 2011

Chivalry....Is It Dead?

So I've begun to wonder, at what point did boys stop thinking they had to woo a woman? I'll admit there have been moments where I haven't exactly needed or wanted it, and lets face it we all have those moments where all we want is just to be kissed or maybe more ;) no matter who it is. Or those guys always exist, you know the ones, those perfect one night stands, where you both get what you want and then get out. But does that mean that boys no longer need to sweep girls off their feet for longer than it takes to just put them in the air?

I've recently been technologically contacted by two seperate boys who I am friends with and althought flirting did occur I never took it seriously thinking it was just a friendship. But apparently I was wrong, very, very wrong. I have recently discovered that both boys want more out of our friendship, they want to take it to a new level. Not that this is a problem they are both attractive enough and fun guys to be around and I greatly enjoy talking and hanging out with both of them but the way they approached it was completely and utterly appalling!

One decided to text me saying he wants to have sex with me this year, the other facebook chatted me asking how I would feel about us hooking up. Really boys? Is that totally necessary! Can't you at least try to pretend like I'm worth something! It's not like I'm that girl who just hooks up with whoever, whenever and they both know it, so why would they assume that this approach would work?

Now I will admit that I am a pretty open person and you can generally talk to me about anything and I do mean anything, but at least pretend like you want more. Ask me on a date or try actually kissing me before you just assume that I will have sex with you. Boys need to learn to be gentlemen again, that girls won't just fall into bed with them just because they ask. Some effort needs to be put in, after all good things come to those who wait!

So although I'm disgusted at their complete lack of respect for me and our friendship I would like to thank them for showing me that I and every girl out these deserves more. We deserve romance and dates. We deserve to be wooed, to have the fairy tale prince, to be listened to, respected and have time and effort put towards our happiness, and not just our physical happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment